When it comes to auto insurance, you want to be fully covered. However, there is no magical “full coverage” auto insurance that can be bought. Instead, being fully covered means different things to different people. Making sure you have the proper policies to be fully covered is an important step in the insurance buying process.
Auto insurance can be complicated because of the various types of coverage that protect your car from all kinds of potential incidents. For instance, the coverage that protects you when you cause an accident is different from the coverage that protects you if a tree branch falls through your windshield. The different types of coverage are:
- Liability Coverage: This covers injuries or damage to another person or their property in an accident you cause.
- Collision Coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle in an accident you caused.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This covers your vehicle in the event that it is stolen or something falls on it.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers damages to your vehicle caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical Payment Coverage: This covers medical expenses for the driver and passengers of your car in the event of an accident.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: In the event of an accident, this coverage can reimburse you for a rental car you use while your car is being repaired.
These are just some of the basic types of coverage that go into an auto policy. However there are more specific types of coverage that might be necessary for you to be fully covered. The best way to ensure you reach this level of coverage is to speak with an insurance agent who can provide you with the proper guidance in protecting your automobile.
Woodford Insurance is an independent insurance agency located in West Hartford, Connecticut. To get a quick quote, please click here.